What’s Giving Tuesday, you ask? It’s a day to celebrate and encourage giving on the Tuesday after our nation’s great day of gratitude, Thanksgiving. This year, the worldwide event takes place on Tuesday, November 29, 2016.
We’ve all heard of Black Friday (yes, avoid the retail stores at all costs!) and even Cyber Monday (click and buy, click and buy!)—a day to shop online for holiday gifts at a big discount.
But after all that spending for gifts, Giving Tuesday is a way for you to give from the heart. Check out #GivingTuesday on social media and find out all the ways to give, and why others are giving with #MyGivingStory. No surprise: Melinda Gates was one of the first to tell her “giving story” online.
We’d like to invite you to think of All For Animals on Giving Tuesday, as we’re a little nonprofit organization with a big heart! Every penny counts for us, and every donation is celebrated. Our mission is to inspire children to become better readers by reading aloud to specially trained therapy dogs and to help people understand their animal companions better.
And even though our pups and their human companions are generously donating their time, it still takes money to make our programs work.
Your donation is important to us, no matter the amount. The list below gives you an idea of how far your donation will go.
Maybe you have a dog who is great with children, and patient as a saint? Then consider the donation of your time as an ARF! volunteer. That’s why we’re promoting #GivingYOUday, because your time is just as valuable to us as dollars!
- One-Time Gift– A donation of any amount will help us cover our general operating expenses.
- Sponsor an ARF! Session – A donation of $25 provides one reading session for a child at a school or library.
- Sponsor an ARF! Team – A donation of $250 provides training and supplies for one ARF! therapy dog team. This includes a volunteer training class, program materials, a t-shirt, tote bag, dog blanket, dog bandana and collectible dog “business cards.”
- Sponsor a Humane Education Presentation– Give a fun and interactive Animals Have Feelings, Too! presentation to an elementary school in Santa Barbara with a donation of $500. Choose a classroom that’s special to you, or let us select from our list of schools that have requested a presentation. Each child (up to 25) will enjoy a personal “meet-n-greet” with Labrador retriever Sandy, the book’s main character (yes, she’s a real dog!). They will also go home with a copy of our children’s book that’s both autographed by the author and “pawtographed” by Sandy.
- Sponsor an ARF! Team for One Year – A donation of $1,500 allows us to send one ARF! team to a school or library for an entire year.
- Monthly Giving – Become a monthly sponsor with an automatic donation of any amount. This helps us plan future programs and pay for operating expenses and special programs. Please contact us to set up a monthly giving sponsorship.
- Become a Volunteer! Learn more about our volunteer opportunities by contacting us.
Your gift is more than a donation… it’s an investment in a child’s future. And a good education gives a child the best start in life, and that child will help build a strong community.
How can you donate to All For Animals on #GivingYOUday? Just click here! And remember to tell your friends on social media about your donation by using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #GivingYOUday.
Thank you for your support!